Grading is the process of examination that enables the judoka to move slowly through the different skills set out by the governing body of the sport to develop their level of judo expertise.
The grading system has four elements: Fundamental skills, Performance skills, Personal choice and Terminology.
Each judoka will be examined at their particular grade level. On passing the required elements of the grade, the judoka gains a new belt to show their level of achievement. Belt colours are determined by age and 'time in judo' and characterised in four areas, Fundamental programme, Mon Grading Programme, Kyu Grading Programme and Dan Grading Programme.
Be aware that progression in Judo is based on a good technical knowledge and a good performance level in all skills. This means that progression through the grades for children is much slower than other arts.
JUDO ACADEMY GRADING COSTS
1. An up to date membership is required to complete a grading.
2. Gocardless is set up as a one off payment and should be done for each child.
1. KNOW THE RULES & TERMINOLOGY (WORDS)
Abridged Contest Rules
2. KNOW THE THROWING PRINCIPLES
3. READ ABOUT THE THROWS AND HOLDS
The Judo Academy Grading Syllabus
Fundamental Skills & Mon Grade Programme
Novice, Kyu and Dan Grade Programme
4. PICTURE & VIDEO GUIDE TO THE THROWS AND HOLDS
Red Belt Poster
Yellow Belt Poster
Orange Belt Poster
Green Belt Poster
Blue Belt Poster
Brown Belt Poster
5. THE MORAL CODE OF JUDO